Essential Oils for Athletes
Are you an athlete or do you know someone who is? Maybe you don’t consider yourself an “athlete”, but you enjoy exercise… running, biking, hiking, walking, etc. Well, here are a list of essential oils, and a sports gel, that would be perfect for you!
1. Deep Relief: This blend of popular oils is a great companion for your trips to the gym and busy daily routine. Oils such as Peppermint and Wintergreen provide a refreshing, cooling sensation during or after a workout, with an invigorating scent that inspires an upbeat and energetic approach to whatever keeps you active.
2. R.C.: R.C.™ Essential Oil is a powerful blend of Spruce, Cyprus, and three types of Eucalyptus oils (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora). Diffuse or apply it directly before, during, or after your workout. Its energetic aroma will help you stay motivated when you hit the weights, treadmill, or bike.
3. Thieves: This essential oil is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils for an aromatic blend that fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma. Inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals used while robbing the dead and dying, Thieves is one of Young Living’s most popular products.
With the benefits of Thieves oil including cleaning power and an irresistibly spicy scent, Young Living offers it as an essential oil blend and as an important ingredient in a full range of home cleaning and personal care products, from dish soap to toothpaste. Looking to make your home smell as clean as it looks? Diffuse Thieves oil throughout the house for an aroma that makes every room smell more like fall baking than harsh cleaning formulas.
4. Peppermint: Fresh, nostalgic, and instantly recognizable, Peppermint essential oil’s scent invigorates the mind and senses, while inspiring a sense of peace. Used topically, Peppermint oil creates a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, making it a favorite for sports massage and an important part of Young Living’s Raindrop Technique®.
When your day is dragging—through a workout, class, or day at work—enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck. The refreshing aroma will give you a boost of positivity! Peppermint is also a great option for diffusing on its own or with compatible scents such as Lavender, Rosemary, Spearmint, or Sage!
5. Copaiba: The gum resin tapped from the copaiba tree in Brazil is steam distilled to produce Copaiba essential oil, which is known for its high levels of beta-caryophyllene and a sweet aroma. It’s a great oil to rub on muscles post workout!
6. Cool Azul Sports Gel: This gel is formulated with a full 10 percent of pure essential oils in every 3.4-oz. tube. Along with hydrating the skin, our sports gel boasts a topically cooling blend of Peppermint, Plectranthus Oregano, and Dorado Azul essential oils with menthol and camphor.
These products have been conveniently packaged together with roller ball fitments (to make application a breeze), in a nylon carrying case with seven interior mesh pockets to carry your essential oil bottles, with room enough for a Ningxia Red packet and a Nitro! It also comes with a carabiner so it will easily attach to your gym bag. FAB! This would even make a great gift for an active Mom in your life!
Until next time,